Eligibility: Applicants must belong to an accredited university and should have completed at least one year of college Japanese classes by the time they attend PII.
Application fee: Free of charge
Application deadline: January 30, 2024
Submit your application through the Global Program System (GPS) portal.
Applications should include:
- Statement of purpose in English
- Write one-page statement of purpose, 12-point font size, single-spaced.
- Letter to your host family in Japanese
- Download the form through the GPS.
- Transcript including your Fall 2023 grades
- Do not have your Registrar send your transcript to us directly.
- Two references
- Provide two letters of recommendation from your Japanese instructors.
- One letter of recommendation must be written by your fall 2023 Japanese instructor.
- If you have had only one Japanese instructor by the time you apply, your second recommendation may come from a professor in another academic area at your university.
- Get the approval of your references before you provide their information on the GPS. Your references will be sent an e-mail recommendation request as soon as you provide their name and contact information on the GPS. They are required to submit their recommendation online by January 30, 2024.
The results of the admission process will be announced by February 25, 2024.
* Please note that this summer program will be subject to factors such as Princeton University travel guidelines, government travel restrictions, and public health guidance.
* In compliance with the Title of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal, state, and local laws, Princeton in Ishikawa does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran in any phase of its admissions or other aspects of its educational programs or activities.